23. – 27.3.2016.
Despite the constant rain, after spending 5 days in this beautiful city I can certainly say it’s one of the most beautiful cities I’ve visited.
When visiting Amsterdam a few locations are a must:
- Amsterdam Museum – to admire both historic and modern art be sure to visit the cities museum and learn a little bit of how this beautiful town came to be
- The architecture – the free of charge strolling across the city is maybe the best part of it all; the characteristic houses you see while passing over more than 1200 bridges connecting more than one hundred kilometers (60 miles) of canals and beautiful buildings such as the The Oude Kerk, The Royal Palace, The Nieuwe Kerk…
- The Museumplein (Museum Square) – set aside a whole day to expand your cultural knowledge and you won’t be disappointed
- The Van Gogh Museum – this amazing artist who lived in the second half of the 19th century has a whole museum dedicated just to him, and believe me it’s worth it
- The Rijksmuseum – the national museum you shouldn’t miss; I was introduced to the history of the Netherlands, both the history and the art
- The Anne Frank Huis – if you’re willing to wait in the line for a few hours be sure to see it, it is worth it
There isn’t enough time to see everything this city has to offer in 5 days so I’ll be sure to visit it again, but in the mean time here are some pics to experience this lovely town from the comfort of your home. 🙂
Also be sure to visit:
- The Red Light District
- Rembrandt’s house
- Museum of prostitution
- The Flower Market